By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
No one injured in mobile home blaze
Placeholder Image

Firefighters responded this afternoon to a mobile home fire in which bystanders reported someone may have still been trapped inside.

Following a search, the home in the 2000 block of Skelton Road was determined to be empty, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said.

Flames were showing when the firefighters arrived after the 2:22 p.m. call.

The blaze started in the area of a space heater, which was plugged into an extension cord with other items.

“The cord appears to have overheated and ignited the area around the heater,” Kimbrell said.

No one was injured in the incident, but about 85 percent of the home was damaged, estimated at a $15,000 loss.

Regional events