By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
No one injured in 2 house fires
Placeholder Image

Two unrelated fires Monday afternoon left the occupants sleeping elsewhere Monday night.

Hall County Fire Services responded to a mobile home fire at 4227 Holcomb Circle in Chestnut Mountain at about 4:30 p.m. Monday, said Capt. Scott Cagle of Hall County Fire Services.

The two adult residents made it out of the fire unharmed, though firefighters rescued two dogs from the home, Cagle said.

The fire is believed to have started as the result of an electrical malfunction near the home’s water heater.

The second fire was also electrical, Cagle said.

Firefighters responded to a single-family home at 3675 White Sulphur Road in Gainesville at about 5 p.m.

Again, both adult occupants made it out of the house unharmed.

The fire originated in the attic due to an electrical short, Cagle said.

The fires caused about $5,000 in damage to each home, Cagle said.

Regional events