Featherbone Communiversity in Gainesville, along with Lanier Technical College, is seeking nominations for the third annual Master Craftsmen, Builders of America ceremony on Oct. 16.
The Master Craftsmen awards, part of the Featherbone Communiversity Master Series program in partnership with Lanier Technical College, seek to showcase the construction industry and promote to young people and the community the importance of construction jobs in the economy while recognizing individuals with outstanding skills. Candidates must live in or have performed work in Northeast Georgia.
The 11 trade categories being honored are:
- Sitework/landscape, including grading, pipe and utility, landscape, paving;
- Concrete worker, including form concrete, flatwork, precast;
- Mason, including all brick and block work, stone masonry and other masonry work;
- Welder/fabricator/ornamental iron worker, including any structural or ornamental metal work;
- Finish tradesman/cabinetry, including trim carpentry, millwork, drywall, flooring, paint or other finish trades;
- Machinist/toolmaker, including tool room machinist, tool and die maker, job shop machinist, and mold maker;
- Plumber, including all plumbing, pipe fitting and related work;
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning, including mechanical, sheet metal and related work;
- Electrician, including all construction-related electrical work (high or low voltage);
- Carpenter, including rough carpentry and framing;
- Residential builder, hands-on master builder
The deadline for nominations is Aug. 22. To request a nomination form, email email@example.com.
Forms should be sent to Lanier Technical College’s Business Incubator, Dr. Carroll Turner, 999 Chestnut St., Gainesville, GA 30501, fax 770-535-9131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.