Hall County firefighters rescued three people from a fire on Bronco Lane in Gainesville on Sunday night.
Units arriving at the scene after the 10:20 p.m. call discovered occupants were still inside the residence at 3062 Bronco Lane, where there was heavy smoke. Owners of the house said their renters’ smoke alarms were going off in the basement but no one would answer the door. After knocking on windows and doors and getting no response, firefighters broke a window and entered through the back door.
Firefighters carried to safety a child found in the living room and a woman found unconscious and unresponsive on the couch. A man found asleep in a back bedroom was awakened and escorted to safety.
Firefighters continued to search but found no one else in the structure.
Investigators determined that the renters left food on the stove and fell asleep.
Hall County Fire Services attributed the successful rescue to quick notification, rapid response, proper training and equipment and mental and physical preparation of firefighters.