By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Hall Fire Services wants to help victim who lost house in Saturday's blaze
1216fire2
Hardly anything remains Monday afternoon of a house in the 5400 block of Clarks Bridge Road following a Saturday fire.

Members of the Hall County Fire Services are hoping to reach a man displaced by a Saturday afternoon fire.

Firefighters responded around 1:30 p.m. Saturday to a call in the 5400 block of Clarks Bridge Road to a wood-frame structure fire, said Fire Marshal Scott Cagle.

“We are trying to find him. ... We’re going to try to reach out to him and see if we can hook him up with some services,” Cagle said.

Cagle said the fire appeared to be caused by papers too close to an electric space heater in the 800-1,000-square-foot wooden structure. Because of the structure’s small size and the fire’s spread, the entire home was lost, with an estimated value of $25,000.

The man dwelling in the structure was living alone and was taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center for possible smoke inhalation. According to hospital officials, the man has been treated and released.

“Anytime somebody completely loses their house, it’s a sad situation,” Cagle said. “I guess it just takes on another turn when it’s this time of the year, when it’s November and December around the holidays.”

Friends to Follow social media