A fire Tuesday evening damaged a home on Etta Vesta Circle in Gainesville, authorities said.
Gainesville fire units responded to a residential fire in the 900 block of Etta Vesta Circle, off Thompson Bridge Road, finding a house approximately 40 percent involved, said Capt. Keith Smith of the Gainesville Fire Department.
Occupants got out of the house without injury, he said. One firefighter suffered a minor injury while working on the fire.
The cause of the fire was unattended cooking on the stovetop, he said.
Damage was estimated at $40,000 on the residence and $8,000 on a car in the carport.