A family was left homeless Wednesday morning after a fire broke out and destroyed their Gainesville home.
Hall County firefighters arrived to find a 1,600-square-foot home with heavy smoke in the 3600 block of Belmont Highway, said Fire Chief David Kimbrell.
Fire then began "breaking through all areas of the house," Kimbrell said.
The fire, which was called in by a passer-by, temporarily shut down Talmo Road and Candler Road.
Capt. Scott Cagle with Hall County Fire Services said the cause of the fire has not been determined, but it's believed to have begun in the crawl space, possibly due to a flood light used to keep pipes from freezing.
The home's occupants were at a neighbor's house when the fire began.
"They stayed in a travel trailer (Tuesday) night because their kerosene heater ran out of kerosene," Cagle said.
There were no injuries and the cause is still under investigation.