Four people escaped a home fire overnight in South Hall County.
No one was hurt in the blaze in the 6000 block of Terrace Lake Point, but the 3,000-square-foot home suffered around $125,000 in damage, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell reported.
Hall firefighters responded to the call from an occupant and found the two-story house with heavy flames showing through the roof.
The four occupants were alerted by their smoke alarm and evacuated before crews arrived. They unsuccessfully tried to put out the fire themselves before calling firefighters, which officials say gave the blaze a head start.
Investigators on the scene determined that the fire started from a candle burning in a bedroom.