By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Four fires under investigation this month
Friday morning blaze damaged northeast Hall home
0426fire 1
Hall County Fire Services Lt. Beverly Walker watches Friday morning as firefighters search for hot spots after a pre-dawn fire on Old Cornelia Road. - photo by NAT GURLEY

A vacant house fire Friday morning in North Hall County adds one more to the list of incidents under investigation by the Hall County Fire Services this month.

A passer-by called authorities at 4:05 a.m. about the fire in the 4100 block of Old Cornelia Highway. When firefighters arrived to the one-story, 1,300-square-foot home, it was about 50 percent involved, with flames showing from the attic.

Neighbors said the house has been empty about two months, according to Scott Cagle, spokesman with Hall County Fire Services.

The roof had collapsed, so firefighters fought the fire from outside the home, he said.

No injuries were reported. An investigator was on scene.

Four other fires have been under investigation recently, three of them at vacant homes.

A fire after 1 a.m. April 11 on Price Road was deliberately set, according to the fire department. The home was for sale and had been vacant for about a week. That fire is still under investigation.

An investigation is also ongoing for a fire that destroyed a manufactured home just before 5 a.m. on Glenn Burtz Road. The owner of the structure lived behind it and told the fire department his son used to live in it, but the structure currently had no power. The fire department has not determined a cause.

A third fire still under investigation happened after 1 a.m. April 13 at a home on White Sulphur Road. The residents were out of town on business at the time. They had reported previous thefts at the house.

The fire department has closed one of the cases that had been under investigation, that of an afternoon blaze April 12 on Patterson Lane. The Hall County Fire Marshal’s Office and insurance company called the fire accidental, and the insurance company classified it as a dryer fire.

There were no injuries in any of the fires.