By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire damages Hardy Road home
A firefighter saws into the side of a Hardy Road home as they extinguish a blaze at the residence Thursday afternoon.

Hall County firefighters were called to a house fire on the 3700 block of Hardy Road on Thursday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 5 p.m. by a passer-by. Another passer-by banged on the windows, waking up one occupant who was asleep. The second occupant had no idea there was a fire in the home.

The flames started on the outside of the residence, in a plastic bucket that was being used for discarding cigarettes, according to Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle. He said it’s thought the wind helped in fire development.

The fire then spread to the home’s attic.

The occupants are staying with relatives.

Regional events