By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Charges reduced in sexual assault case following plea deal
Orlando Enrique Giron Molina 2017.jpg
Orlando Enrique Giron Molina

Nine counts of child molestation were dismissed in a plea deal for a Miami man indicted last year in Hall County.

Orlando Enrique Giron-Molina, 35, was given a 15-year sentence July 3, with the first five years in confinement. After that, the rest may be served on probation.

Molina was originally indicted Nov. 6 on three counts of rape, nine counts of child molestation and one count of first-degree child cruelty.

In the plea agreement, the three rape counts were amended to felony sexual battery against a child under 16. The first-degree child cruelty charge was changed to misdemeanor battery.

Three different girls are named in the court documents filed July 3. 

Giron-Molina’s attorney Larry Duttweiler said he and prosecutors examined records from the Division of Family and Children Services as well as Facebook messages, which he claimed showed one girl “had made up stories and manipulated” others “to join in.”

There was also a five-year lapse in reporting to law enforcement, Duttweiler said. The documents filed July 3 state the acts took place in June 2013.

Duttweiler did not comment on the disposition of the case.

Giron-Molina was given credit for time served since Dec. 19.

Regional events