By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Authorities: Gas-powered generator may have contributed to carbon monoxide poisoning of couple
11112018 COUPLE 001.JPG
A couple was found dead in an East Hall home along Gaines Mill Road early Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018. - photo by Austin Steele

Authorities said they believe a gas-powered generator inside the home of an East Hall couple may have contributed to their deaths via carbon monoxide poisoning.

The bodies of the couple, Norman Reece, 43, and Audrey Dahl, 35, were found Nov. 10 in their mobile home by Reece’s 18-year-old son, who also lives in the home on the 3500 block of Gaines Mill Road.

Deputy Coroner James Bell said the cause of death was “carbon monoxide poisoning with drug(s) involved.”

“The couple had been running a gas-powered generator inside the home. That may have been a contributing factor that led to the carbon monoxide poisoning,” Hall County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Scott Ware wrote in an email.

Deputy coroner James Bell previously told The Times methamphetamine and fentanyl were found in the toxicology reports for the couple. 

Regional events