By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Ask The Times: ProCare data center to open next month
Placeholder Image

If you’ve been wondering about something in your community, Ask The Times is your place to get answers. The following questions were submitted by readers and answered through the efforts of our news staff.

Several years ago when Hall County closed Central Park next to Interstate 985 Exit 20 to sell the property at top dollar to developers, The Times ran pictures of an upscale high-rise office complex that was going to generate good tax revenue for the county. I notice there is only regular small office/retail building that has been built. Who did the county sell the property to, for how much and was there an agreement to build something big that would generate tax income for the county or can the buyers just minimally occupy the site waiting to resell it?

The property was sold to ProCare Rx and its affiliate, PRX Holdings LLC, for $1.7 million in 2007, according to Hall County GIS records. ProCare is a health care company currently based in Duluth but with plans to move its headquarters to the 23-acre Hall County site.

The company officially broke ground about a year ago on a 395,000-square-foot facility that will include a state-of-the-art data center. A grand opening for that is set for Nov. 9.

Future plans call for a mid-rise office building, possibly a medical complex, and retail sites, which could include a hotel and a restaurant.

Officials gave no timeline for the build-out, saying that would be driven by marketplace demand.

Many getting driver’s licenses now need to bring in more documentation like birth certificates. Where should I go to get these documents?

Documents required for renewing or getting a new driver’s license include the following:

  • Original birth certificate or valid passport
  • Social Security card
  • Two proofs of residency
  • Documents supporting any legal name changes

If you were born in Georgia, you can request a birth certificate at the Vital Records office in Hall County. The office is located at 1290 Athens St. in Gainesville. You must have a government-issued ID in order to get a birth certificate. The cost is $25. More information can be found online by visiting and clicking on “Vital Records.”

To get a Social Security card, you can find an application online, which you must print and either mail or take to the local Social Security office.

The website is and the local office is in Suite 210 at 2565 Thompson Bridge Road in Gainesville. You must prove citizenship, age and identity; a variety of documents can be submitted to meet those requirements. Visit the website for more information.

Proofs of residency include bills mailed to your home.

Marriage records, which would prove most legal name changes, must be obtained from the probate court in the county where they were issued if issued before 1952 or after 1996, according to Georgia Department of Public Health website. Marriage records in between those years can be obtained from the public health department.

Requests can be mailed to Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319.

Do you have a question you’d like our news team to answer? Contact us at:,, @gtimes

Regional events