By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
2 men burned by electrical equipment in Jackson County
Placeholder Image

Two workers were burned, one seriously injured, when they came in contact with high voltage electrical equipment Tuesday morning while doing contract work outside a Valentine Industrial Parkway business.

Emergency units from North Jackson, Jefferson Fire and Rescue and Jackson County EMS responded to the accident.

Jackson County Public Safety Director Steve Nichols said one man was burned on his arms after a ladder reportedly fell into the transformer box.

The second man was trapped inside the box until Georgia Power crews arrived to turn off the current. He was removed and airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta with multiple third-degrees burns to his upper torso.

“He was listed as extremely critical on the scene and no other updates are available at this time,” Nichols said.

 

Friends to Follow social media