- 2 1/2 cups Nora Mill stone ground grits
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Mountain Fresh Creamery cream
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar, grated
Combine water, salt, cream and butter in stockpot, stirring in grits over high heat. Stir constantly until boiling to prevent clumping.
Lower heat to simmer, cover with lid, stirring occasionally for approximately 30 minutes, adding water if they get too thick.
Stir in cheese, cover and keep grits warm over low heat.
- 1 1/2 pounds Wright’s thick-cut bacon, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 9-ounce jar of Unicoi Preserves Apple Cider Pepper Spread
Cook over medium heat until browned, drain off grease, return bacon to pan.
Add 9-ounce jar Unicoi Preserves Apple Cider Pepper Spread to bacon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, reducing the liquid until almost evaporated.
Remove candied bacon from pan to a Silpat or parchment paper. Spread out to cool.
- 3 pounds Georgia wild caught shrimp
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Oliver Farm peanut oil
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Peel and de-vein shrimp. Rinse and pat dry. Season lightly with kosher salt and black pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and 2 tablespoons Oliver Farm peanut oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
Add shrimp to hot pan in batches. Don’t crowd the pan.
Sear one minute per side and remove shrimp from pan.
- 1 1/2 cups Habersham Vineyard Signet
- 1/2 pound Mountain Fresh Creamery butter
Add wine to pan and turn up heat. Add butter and cook for 5-7 minutes, reducing sauce slightly.
Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
Return shrimp to pan, toss to coat shrimp and cook over medium heat, approximately 2 minutes.
To serve: Ladle grits into bowl, top with shrimp, pan sauce, candied bacon and chopped chives.
Source: Unicoi Preserves