* 12 slices bacon, crisped and chopped fine
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup water
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
* 1 box of Cracker Jack original caramel-coated popcorn and peanuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, water, buttermilk and oil. Stir just until blended. Mix in the bacon.
Spoon the batter into the prepared cups.
Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool in the pan, set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter.
Frost with caramel frosting and Cracker Jacks.
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
* 1/4 cup milk
* 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and milk and boil on low heat for 2 minutes constantly stirring.
Bring to room temp, slowly add confectioner sugar and milk and beat until thick enough to spread.
If icing becomes too stiff, add a little hot water.