The Chattahoochee River running through the Alpine Village of Helen will be stocked with more than 400 pounds of fish for the Helen Trout Tournament.
The 28th annual event will be from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 25, at the Helen Chamber of Commerce Festhalle, 1074 Edelweiss Strasse, in Helen.
Cost to participate is $20. A Georgia fishing license and trout stamp is required by the state of Georgia. All tournament participants must follow Georgia DNR rules of fishing in the Chattahoochee River in Helen.
Anglers of all ages will test their skill by trying to hook tagged trout, which will qualify fishermen for prizes. To win, anglers must catch and present a tagged trout for weigh-in between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the Festhalle.
This year the top three prizes by individual weight for tagged trout are:
- First — $1,000 fish sponsored by Craig’s Remodeling and Repair
- Second — $500 “Milton Davis” fish sponsored by the Helen Chamber
- Third — $250 sponsored by “Tim’s Wooden Toys” (www.TimsWoodenToys.com)
- $50 for each of the next 20 tagged trout
- $25 for the remainder of the tagged trout
Registered participants will receive an official tournament T-shirt while supplies last.
For more information, visit www.helenchamber.com or like the Helen Trout Tournament Facebook page.