Gypsee Yo: Poetry slamTimes news video
As the barometer creeps higher, more families will venture outdoors during the weekend for fun activities.
To meet the rising demand, Don Carter State Park is providing a host of activities Saturday, May 10, and Sunday, May 11, near Lake Lanier in Gainesville. The park is at 5000 N. Browning Bridge Road.
Saturday events include:
* Easy, fun camp cooking from 10-11 a.m. Cost is $5.
* Snakes Alive from 1-2 p.m. Cost is $3.
* Camp fire safety from 3-4 p.m. Cost is $3.
To join the events, Meet at the visitor center upper parking lot.
Sunday events include:
* Intro to canoe fun from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $30 per boat. Participants will meet at day-use boat ramp.
* Animals and their signs from 2-3 p.m. Cost is $3. Participants will meet at the upper parking lot.
* Snakes Alive from 4-5 p.m. Cost is $5. Participants will meet at picnic shelter No. 2.
For more information, visit gastateparks.org/DonCarter or call 678-450-7726.