Blue Ribbon Bluegrass Festival
When: 11 a.m. Saturday, April 15
Where: Sautee Nacoochee center, 283 Ga. 255 North, Sautee Nacoochee
Cost: $10 adults, free for ages 16 and younger
More info: snca.org or 706-878-3300
The third annual Blue Ribbon Bluegrass Festival offers the best in local bluegrass and family fun.
Audience members will hear music by The Freight Hoppers, Good in the Kitchen and the Elliott Sperin Trio in this fun-for-the-whole-family event complete with egg hunt, zucchini races, artist booths and delicious food.
The music starts at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 15, at the Sautee Nacoochee Community Center, 283 Ga. 255 North, in Sautee Nacoochee. Attendees are asked to bring lawn chairs or blankets.
If the weather doesn’t permit, festivities will move into the historic gym.
The Blue Ribbon Bluegrass schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. music and artist vendors
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 pickle and pie contest
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. lunch served in the Community Hall
- Noon Easter egg hunt
- Noon to 1 p.m. Elliott Sperin Trio
- Noon to 2:30 p.m. Scavenger hunt activities, build rabbit feet, build a banana car and face painting
- 1:15 p.m. Easter rabbit foot parade
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. Good In The Kitchen
- 2 p.m. Winners of pickle and pie contests announced
- 2:30 p.m. Banana car races
- 3-5 p.m. The Freight Hoppers
Admission is $10 per person with children younger than 16 admitted free.
For more information, visit snca.org or call 706-878-3300.