Harsher winter weather than was expected has forced school systems and others to close early.
Schools and universities
- Gainesville schools closing one hour early. All evening and
Saturday morning activities canceled.
- Hall County Schools closing one hour early. Extra
curricular events canceled tonight through at least noon Saturday. ACT exam at Johnson High School on Saturday is canceled.
- Lakeview Academy closing at 2 p.m.
- Forsyth County Schools dismissing early and after-school activities canceled today and Saturday. Elementary schools realeasing at 11:50 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Middle schools releasing at 1:30 p.m. High school releasing at 12:55 p.m.
- Habersham County Schools closed
- Lumpkin County Schools closed, 12-month staff report
- University of North Georgia campuses closed
- Brenau University closing at 2:30 p.m.
Piedmont College closing at 1:30 p.m. Commencement delayed until 11 a.m. Saturday.
& Girls Clubs of Lanier closed.
- Longstreet Clinic facilities closing at 3 p.m. Pediatrics, Urgent Care, Mammography, CT and MRI will delay opening until 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Gainesville Parks and Recreation
facilities, including the Frances Meadows Aquatic Center, closing at
2 p.m. The Gainesville Civic Center will be open Friday evening for a
scheduled rental. All facilities are set to open 9 a.m. Saturday.
- Hall County government facilities closing at 2 p.m. All Friday and Saturday morning activities
at community centers canceled, including Pancakes with Santa. A decision will be made at 9 a.m. Saturday on whether to open community
centers later in the day.