By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Thursday fire caused by extension cord short
1108fire
Firefighters work at a house fire Thursday night on Sky Lake Circle in northwest Hall County.

A house fire Thursday night on Sky Lake Circle in northwest Hall County was caused by an extension cord shorting out, Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said.

The 5:30 p.m. fire caused about $150,000 in damage to the 2,000-square-foot home in the 2900 block, but no one was injured.

A man at home at the time had to crawl out after a neighbor called him to tell him his house was on fire, according to another neighbor, Shirley Beck.

The resident, who declined to talk about the incident, was asleep when the blaze started, Beck and Cagle said. Beck said the man’s wife “had to come home from work and see her house on fire.”

Cagle said extension cords are meant for temporary use, not everyday use.

 

Regional events