Upcoming Easter egg hunts:
- Easter Egg Hunt, Gainesville. 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, First Baptist Church, 751 Green St., Gainesville. 770-534-7354. 11 a.m. hunt for 3 and younger. $5 lunch for family
- Helicopter Easter Egg Drop, Gainesville. 11 a.m. Saturday, Explosion Church, 2480 Limestone Parkway, Gainesville. 678-943-6323. All ages with 3,000 eggs dropped
- Spring Fling, Gainesville. Easter egg hunt, food, games and concert. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Redwine United Methodist Church, 3285 Poplar Springs Road, Gainesville. 770-536-5164
- Easter celebration, Jefferson. Egg hunt, games, hot dog supper, 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Maranatha Baptist Church, 65 Ebenezer Church Road, Jefferson. 706-367-4383
- Easter Egg Hunt, Maysville. 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Diamond Hill Baptist Church, Diamond Hill Church Road, Maysville. 706-768-1621.
- Jefferson Community Easter Egg Hunt. 1 p.m. Saturday, open to toddlers to 12-year-olds, free; Jefferson Club House, 302 Longview Drive, Jefferson
- 50th Annual Garrison Family Easter Egg Hunt. 2 p.m. Sunday, no age limit, free; at the home of Mack Garrison Jr. on Ga. 51, across from the Banks County Primary School in Homer
Wednesday was a beautiful day for an Easter egg hunt, as the cold weather from the last few days was replaced with warmth and sunshine.
The lawn of Brenau University’s Pearce Auditorium was covered with children from Brenau University’s Child Development Center searching for eggs.
High school students from Brenau Academy organized the event, and candy and eggs were donated by parents.
The warm weather should continue today, as the forecast calls for sunshine and highs in the upper 60s.
The rain could return to the forecast on Friday, however, with a 70 percent chance of showers and highs in the upper 60s. Lows over the next few nights are expected to remain in the low 50s. The forecast for Easter Sunday is looking great, with sunshine and a high of 66.