By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
No one hurt in early morning Gainesville apartment fire
Placeholder Image

No one was injured but two families displaced by an early morning apartment fire in Gainesville.

Gainesville Fire Department units responded to Glenn Cove Apartments at 1750 Norton Drive around 4:30 a.m., spokesman Keith Smith said in an email news release. They found smoke showing from the apartment structure. Crews needed about 20 minutes to put out the blaze in the ceiling and walls of the apartment.

The fire marshal found the cause of the fire to be a faulty bathroom ventilation fan in the ground floor apartment. He estimates to damage at approximately $75,000.

The displaced residents are being aided by the Red Cross.

 

Regional events