New Year’s Eve in Jackson County
- What: Two separate, themed New Year’s Eve parties, both of which include one-night accommodations at the Chateau Elan Inn, multicourse dinner, open bar, entertainment, toast at midnight and a New Year’s Day breakfast buffet.
- Where: Chateau Elan, Braselton
- How much: The carnival party costs $499 per couple. The masquerade party costs $659 per couple.
- Info: 800-233-9463 for reservations
- What: New Year’s Eve dance sponsored by the Commerce Area Business Association and featuring The Jesters.
- Where: Commerce Civic Center, 110 State St.
- When: 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
- How much: $25 in advance and $30 at the door, per person
- Info: Tickets available at McDonald Hardware, Giftworks at the Joy Shoppe and Northeast Georgia Bank
Jackson County residents and visitors who are looking for something to do on New Year’s Eve but don’t feel like driving all the way to Atlanta to watch the peach drop, don’t worry.
There are several exciting celebrations happening locally that may tickle your fancy.
If you miss the beach music sounds and soulful ballads of the 1960s, you may want to head over to the Commerce Civic Center for a New Year’s Eve dance sponsored by the Commerce Area Business Association.
"This year’s dance will feature a live performance by The Jesters," said Brad Johnson, a member of the Commerce Area Business Association.
The Jesters’ performance of ’60s music will be highlighted by choreography and a full band.
Tickets for the event are $25 in advance and $30 at the door per person.
"Tickets include light hors d’oeuvres and setups," Johnson said. "This is a BYOB event, and no one under 21 will be admitted. The party starts at 9 p.m. and will wrap up around 12:30 a.m."
For those partygoers who are looking for more of an extended celebration, they may want to check out the carnival and masquerade parties that are planned at Chateau Elan in Braselton.
Each party includes one-night accommodations at the Chateau Elan Inn, open bar, toast at midnight and a New Year’s Day breakfast buffet.
The carnival party costs $499 per couple and will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the resort’s winery. The carnival party package incudes a three-course dinner with wine service, live deejay and a five-hour open bar with "deluxe cocktails."
The masquerade party costs $659 per couple and will be held at the Chateau Elan Inn. This package includes a four-course dinner with wine service, a welcome reception with hors d’oeuvres and live music by Party Nation.