By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Hall family unharmed by Monday night garage fire
Placeholder Image

A family escaped without injury Monday night when a fire started in the garage of their Gainesville home.

Hall County Fire Services responded to the call around 9 p.m. Monday to the 3400 block of Sugar Hill Way.

Firefighters worked to contain most of the damage to the garage.

A man arrived 15 minutes prior to the fire being noticed, according to a release from the fire department, and subsequently noticed fire coming from his vehicle.

“Early signs of the investigation show the car may have been pulled onto some household garbage that ignited,” wrote Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle in an email.

The damage totaled $50,000 — most of it being smoke damage — on the $125,000 property.

Regional events