Local celebrity dancers expected at this year’s Dance for a Cause have been announced.
Celebrities will include the following:
- Jaimie Harrison, admission director at Lakeview Academy
- Charlie Hawkins, commercial real estate agent with the Norton Agency and board member with the Jaycees
- Stuart Higginbotham, rector of Grace Episcopal Church
- Raleigh Merchant, medical librarian for the Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Enrique Montiel, specialist in diseases of poultry at Merial Select Inc.
- Martha Nesbitt, president emeritus of Gainesville State College, now the University of North Georgia’s Gainesville campus
- Avery Niles, commissioner of the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice
- Lydia Sartain, attorney specializing in family law with Stewart Melvin & Frost
- Kent Tench, hairstylist
- Martha Zoller, local media personality and currently state policy director for the office of U.S. Sen. David Perdue
Celebrities are paired with a professional dancer and given 10 hours of instruction before performing for votes.
The event, set for Aug. 29 at the Chattahoochee Country Club, supports Alliance for Literacy, Center Point mentorship, Rape Response and Teen Pregnancy Prevention Inc.
Check out the profiles and donate online at dancehallcounty.com.