By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire causes damage to McEver Road home
Placeholder Image

Unattended cooking appears to be the cause of a fire that damaged a McEver Road home on Wednesday, authorities said.

Firefighters were dispatched to the 5300 block of McEver Road about 6 p.m. after a passer-by reported seeing smoke from the rear of a house, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from the rear of the home. The cause appears to be a grease fire that occurred when cooking was left temporarily unattended, Kimbrell said.

Damage to the kitchen was estimated at $3,000, he said.

The occupants of the home were staying with friends until power could be checked and restored.

Regional events