Among the public government meetings coming up this week are:
Flowery Branch City Council
- What: council meeting
- When: 9:30 a.m. Wednesday
- Where: City Hall, 5517 Main St.
- Agenda: proposed annexation and rezonings of 100-plus acres for additional houses in the now 900-acre Sterling on the Lake community; and a final vote on proposed annexation and rezonings on Holland Dam Road for a commercial development, possibly a hotel/restaurant, and on Old Orr Road for an office and self-storage warehouse development
- Contact: 770-967-6371
Gainesville school board
- What: work session
- When: 5 p.m. Monday
- Where: Gainesville school system central office, 508 Oak St.
- Contact: 770-536-5275 or www.gcssk12.net