Democrats didn’t hide Joe Biden in his basement for months because of the pandemic. Sleepy Joe was isolated during the presidential campaign because he’s an insufferable public embarrassment. His greatest gaffes include:
- Trying to recite the opening of the Declaration of Independence, Joe said: “We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created by the, you know, you know the thing.”
- Speaking to a predominantly Black audience, Joe said of Republicans: “They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”
- During an interview with Charlamagne tha God, a Black television host, Joe said: “Well, I’m telling you, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
- Joe said: “Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as White kids.”
- Joe said: “We choose truth over facts.”
- When President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act on national television, Joe called this event “a big f-g deal.”
- As Obama’s vice president, Joe introduced the president as “Barack America!”
- When confronted by an Iowa Democrat, Joe said: “You’re a damn liar. Let’s do push-ups together, man, let’s run ... let’s take an IQ test.”
- Joe said to Peter Doocy, a Fox News reporter: “You’re a one-horse pony.” It’s one-trick pony.
- Joe said: “In Delaware ... you cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
- Oblivious Joe said in Missouri: “I’m told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck, and let ’em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about?” Graham is confined to a wheelchair.
- During a presidential debate, a confused Joe let himself off the hook when he said: “My time’s up … I’m sorry.” Politicians don’t willingly relinquish their time on national television.
- Joe said: “I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up in the pool and rub my legs down so it was straight and watch the hair come back up.”
- During a presidential debate, Joe said: “No man has a right to raise his hand to a woman in anger other than self-defense … we have to change the culture and keep punching at it, and punching at it, and punching at it.”
- Referring to four more years of Donald Trump as president, Joe said: “Four more years of “George ah ...” President George W. Bush preceded President Obama.
- Talking about his nominee to lead Health & Human Services, Joe repeatedly called Xavier Becerra “Javier.”
- During Jon Ossoff’s campaign for U.S. senator, Joe called this Georgia politician “Jon Orsoff.”
- Joe introduced his wife as his sister.
- Joe said he was running for “the (US) Senate.”
- Joe thought he was in Vermont while campaigning in New Hampshire.
Joe Biden has lost his mental acuity and is unfit to be president. The relentless gaffes would continue and the biased media would protect Joe whenever possible. If this is the best the Democrats have to offer, God help us over the next four years.
To submit a letter
Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include name and hometown. Letters never publish anonymously. Letters are limited to 500 words on topics of public interest and may be edited for content and length. Writers are limited to one letter per month. Letters may be rejected from readers with no ties to Northeast Georgia or that address personal, business or legal disputes. Letters not the work of the author listed or with material not properly attributed will be rejected. Letter writers may hyperlink portions of their letters to sources of their information. Letters and other commentary express the opinions of the authors and not of The Times.