A Milliken worker was treated for smoke inhalation when cotton burned at the New Holland plant Monday morning.
The fire was caused by sparks from a grinder being used by a worker in the basement of the mill, and a 100-square-foot area of cotton burned, said Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell.
"We assisted workers removing the material to the outside," Kimbrell said. "One worker was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation but not transported."
The fire occurred around 11 a.m. The building wasn't damaged, just the cotton material, he said.