By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Teenage burn victim taken to Atlanta hospital
Placeholder Image

A 15-year-old South Hall boy was taken Monday afternoon to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

The teenager suffered burns to his face and hands and had a small third-degree burn on his wrist, said Capt. Scott Cagle, fire marshal for Hall County Fire Services.

He was injured just before 2 p.m. Monday during a grease fire at a home off Flowery Way when he apparently tried to carry the pan out of the house.

Cagle advised calling the fire department if a grease fire occurs, then turn off the stove element and put a lid on the container to smother the fire.

"If this can’t be done safely, use the fire extinguisher you should have in your kitchen," he said. "Never put water on a grease fire."

Never try to move the pot or pan. That could spread the fire or burn you in the process, Cagle said.

Regional events