By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Second-degree burns send 4-year-old boy to hospital
Placeholder Image

A 4-year-old Clermont resident is receiving treatment at an Atlanta hospital after suffering second-degree burns on much of his body Monday.

The boy was burned on the upper half of his body when his shirt caught on fire at his Carter Street residence, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said.

Initial reports are that the boy had been playing with cigarette lighters when he was injured.

Kimbrell said he did not know the boy’s condition.

The boy’s parents drove him to Fire Station No. 2 in Clermont shortly before 4 p.m. with mostly second-degree burns on the upper half of his body.

The boy was later flown to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Kimbrell said. Both the Hall County Fire Marshal’s office and the Hall County Sheriff’s Office are investigating, but Kimbrell said it appears to be an accident.