Hall County voters can now access a composite sample ballot for this year’s local, state and national elections online.
“(It) includes every office that will be presented to the voters in November,” Hall County Elections Director Charlotte Sosebee said. Some races will only be presented to voters in certain parts of the county. For example, ballots for Lula voters will include a referendum asking whether they want to allow liquor to be sold by the drink at local establishments. Legislative and Hall County Board of Commissioners posts also are voted on by district.
Voters can see exactly what will be on their ballot by visiting the Secretary of State’s My Voter Page. They can also register to vote there through Oct. 11.
Early voting begins Oct. 17. The election is Nov. 8.
Races and candidates on the ballot include the following, plus four state constitutional amendments and a county referendum on government merger:
• President and vice president: Republicans Donald Trump and Mike Pence, Democrats Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, Libertarians Gary Johnson and Bill Weld.
• U.S. Senator: Republican Johnny Isakson, Democrat Jim Barksdale, Libertarian Allen Buckley
• Georgia Public Service Commission: Republican Tim Echols, Libertarian Eric Hoskins
• State Representative, 30th District: Republican Emory Dunahoo Jr., Democrat Michelle Jones
• Hall County Commissioner, Post 4: Jeff Stowe, Angela Middleton