Senate Resolution 80
Claims the current framework for AP U.S. History:
• Reflects a revisionist view of U.S. history.
• Emphasizes negative aspects of U.S. history.
• Omits or minimizes positive aspects of U.S. history.
• Presents a biased and inaccurate view of themes and events in U.S. history.
• Differs radically from the Georgia Performance Standards.
Asks the College Board to revise the framework or:
• The state education board and department of education will cease funding for AP U.S. history materials.
• The Georgia congressional delegation will be urged to reduce or eliminate federal funding for the College Board
•The state education board and department of education will explore alternatives to the AP program.
• The governor would urge neighboring states to do the same.