By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
October looks to have soggy start
Temperatures to cool with rain
Placeholder Image

Wet weather appears likely to welcome the work week as a new month starts.

Gainesville got a taste of that Sunday, as .17 of an inch of rain had fallen by 8 p.m.

A 90 percent chance of rain is forecast for today by the National Weather Service, with amounts totaling one-half to three-quarters of an inch. The chance of precipitation dwindles slightly for tonight, to 80 percent, with another one-half to three-quarters of an inch of rainfall predicted.

A total of 2Ú inches or more is predicted before the precipitation moves out of the area.

With Lake Lanier almost 10 feet below full pool, and all of Hall County considered to be in moderate to severe drought conditions by the U.S. Drought Monitor, Northeast Georgia continues in a rainfall deficit.

The forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of rain on Tuesday, tapering off to 30 percent Tuesday night and a 20 percent chance on Wednesday.

Showers and possibly thunderstorms are in the forecast today and through daylight hours on Tuesday.

Though a slight chance of showers remains in the forecast for Wednesday, the weather service calls for mostly sunny days and partly cloudy nights through Saturday.

Temperatures are predicted to become more autumnlike, with highs ranging from the low 70s to low 80s, and lows mostly in the mid-50s to low 60s, but dipping to 53 in the forecast for Saturday night.

Regional events