By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fireplace blaze damages house in White County, but nobody injured
Placeholder Image

No one was hurt in a home fire Jan. 20 in White County that started in a fireplace.

White County Fire Department volunteers from three units responded to a fire on Marble Way near Kellum Valley Road at 8 p.m. They found a fire in the home’s living room around the fireplace. The flames had reached the wood beneath the bricks.

Firefighters took three hours to put out the blaze, which caused moderate damage to the home.

The homeowners had a working smoke detector and were able to get out safely.

Regional events