By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Firefighters extinguish blaze at northwest Hall home
Placeholder Image

Hall County firefighters have put out a house fire in the 3300 block of Banks Mountain Drive in northwest Hall.

The department received a call at 5:25 p.m. from someone saying the fire started in the garage, possibly from a golf cart, said Fire Chief David Kimbrell.

Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke showing from the 5,000-square-foot home. The fire caused about $40,000 damage to the $700,000 house, but it is livable.

Most of the damage was confined to the garage area. The cause isn’t known yet, and an investigation is under way, Kimbrell said.

No one was injured, he added.

Regional events