By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire guts home in Lula
Placeholder Image

A fire that may have been caused by lightning gutted a home in Lula Sunday, but no injuries were reported.

Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said the fire around 7 p.m. was at a 1,200-square-foot home on Railroad Street and the sole occupant managed to escape the blaze.

The house had extensive fire and smoke damage, Kimbrell said. A value of the damage wasn't immediately available, he said.

The fire happened as heavy storms were moving through the area.

Regional events