By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire displaces Gainesville family
Blaze starts in home's furnace area
Placeholder Image

The Gainesville Fire Department is investigating a Tuesday afternoon fire that displaced a family of three.

A fire that started in the furnace area caused the blaze at the 1,500-square-foot home in the 1400 block of Enota Avenue, Chief Jon Canada said.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke throughout the home and a small fire in the floor area above the furnace. The fire was put out quickly, resulting in minimal damage, the chief said.

No one was injured and the damage amount has not been determined.

The family is staying with relatives until repairs are made to the home, Canada said.

 

Regional events