A furnace fire caused minor damage to a Gainesville home this morning.
Firefighters responded at 8:30 a.m. to the fire on the 900 block of Etta Vista Circle. Upon arrival, they found light smoke pouring from the basement, Fire Chief Jon Canada said.
They were able to put out the fire in a few minutes.
Damage to the home was about $3,000.
The three occupants got out of the house without injury and are receiving help from the American Red Cross until they can return to the home, Canada said.
The home had no smoke detectors.
"In this case, fortunately, someone was up and alert and smelled the smoke, and they were all able to get out," the chief said.