The Hall County Elections office is seeing a lot of moving and shaking this year, and not just from politicians.
Due to population changes, many voting precincts are moving for the July 31 general primary, according to Charlotte Sosebee, chief registrar and director of elections for the county.
Some locations were changed while others were consolidated, she said. Those decisions were made during a Board of Elections meeting after officials assessed each location.
“In an effort to meet the request from administration and the needs of the voters, several changes were made that will result in many of our voters going to a different voting location beginning with the July general primary,” Sosebee said.
Those changes come after the elections office itself moved earlier this year to the new Hall County Government Center at 2875 Browns Bridge Road in Gainesville.
The changes include:
- Wilson I and Wilson II in the McEver Road area will combine to form the Wilson precinct, voting at Free Chapel Worship Center, 3001 McEver Road, Gainesville.
- Oakwood II will begin voting at West Hall Baptist Church, 5314 McEver Road, Oakwood, instead of West Hall High School.
- Those who voted at the Chicopee Woods Agricultural Center will now join voters in the Candler precinct, voting at Hopewell Baptist Church, 5086 Poplar Springs Road, Gainesville.
- The Glade precinct, which previously voted at East Hall High School, now will vote at the East Hall Community Building, 3911 P Davidson Road, Gainesville.
- Clermont voters will now vote at Concord Baptist Church, 640 Main St., Clermont, instead of Clermont Park and Recreation.
- Murrayville voters will cast ballots at Living Water Outreach, 5833 Bark Camp Road, Murrayville, instead of Murrayville Park, which was closed by the county due to funding cuts in 2011.
- Whelchel I and II precincts were combined and will vote at Riverbend Baptist Church, 1715 Cleveland Highway, Gainesville.
- Gainesville III voters will move from the Gainesville Masonic Lodge to the Gainesville First Church of the Nazarene, 1301 Otila Drive, Gainesville.
- Gainesville Mill voters who were voting at Montgomery Baptist Church will join the Gainesville IV precinct in voting at the Georgia Mountains Center, 301 Main St., Gainesville.
- Friendship I voters will move from The Springs Community Church to vote instead at Prince of Peace, 6439 Spout Springs Road, Flowery Branch.
New voter cards will be mailed to every voter in Hall in the next couple of weeks, Sosebee said. Those who do not receive a card should contact the elections office at 770-531-6945. July 2 is the last day to make any changes to voter rolls.
Advance voting begins July 9 and will be held 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday until July 27 and also 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 21.
Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 31.