By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Early morning fire damages home in Chicopee Village
0608FIRE
Hall County fire fighters put out this blaze at a home in Chicopee Village early Wednesday morning. - photo by Hall County Fire Services

An early morning fire Wednesday caused “extensive damage” to a home in Chicopee Village, according to fire officials.

No injuries were reported from the fire on 2nd Street, according to a statement released by Zachary Brackett, spokesman for Hall County Fire Services. The homeowner, a woman in her 60s, was the only person in the home at the time of the fire, the statement said.

Firefighters found the fire — called in around 5:30 a.m. — in the attic of the 1,800-square-foot home upon arrival. They extinguished the blaze, but said the home had “extensive damage” inside, the statement said. The American Red Cross was contacted to help the homeowner.

The Gainesville Fire Department responded as automatic aid, Brackett said in the statement.

The cause of the fire was later found to be an electrial short. 


Regional events