By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Coroner: Fire victim died of smoke inhalation
Placeholder Image

A woman who died Aug. 5 in an early morning house fire on Malibu Ridge off Spout Springs Road suffered from “smoke and soot inhalation,” according to the coroner’s office.

Linda Hughes, 62, was found in a bedroom by Hall County Fire Services crews in a bedroom.

The cause of death was deemed accidental, according to Hall County Coroner Marion Merck’s office.

Hall County Deputy Fire Chief Chad Black said the cause of the fire was electrical.

Regional events