In a six-section special report, The Times takes a look at where we are and where we're headed in our annual Progress edition. We've got special coverage in six key areas: Education & Government, Health & Safety, Business & Industry, Sports & Leisure, Arts & Community and Poultry.
The Progress edition won't be online. You'll be able to read these stories exclusively in Sunday's print edition of The Times.
Here's a preview of what you'll find in each section.
Education & Government
- A day in the life of the Hall County road maintenance manager as he leads his crew across the county to keep residents rolling smoothly. Also, a look at local school system expansion while colleges and universities plan for growth.
Health & Safety
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center adds a a new hospital wing and plans for a new campus in South Hall.
Business & Industry
- Profile of the Mathis family as its youngest members continue a tradition of community service begun two generations before.
Sports & Leisure
- The Gainesville Bowling Center does a booming business these days, while the Buford area prepares to welcome a new minor-league baseball team this spring. Plus, stories on local auto racing, tennis and more.
- How the industry has weathered the storm from a difficult year in 2008 and is ready to rebound with new products and strategies to lure consumers.
Arts & Community
- We take a trip to post offices in Hall County's communities to get a different perspective on the changes happening there. And while many communities' post offices are affected by the growth in the past few years, others note how individuals' habits - such as selling on eBay, which is on the rise - have changed.
The special Progress sections will be available only in Sunday's print edition of The Times. The Times is available at news racks and retail outlets across Northeast Georgia. To have The Times delivered to your home, click here or call 770-532-2222.