By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Cause of South Hall fire undetermined
Fire officials originally believed overloaded circuit was to blame
Placeholder Image

The cause of a Friday night mobile home fire in South Hall County is undetermined.

Hall County Fire Services officials originally stated the fire in the 4800 block of Cash Road appeared to have started from an overloaded circuit with several extension cords and multiplug adapters. However, Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the outlet “appears to be intact and not the cause of the fire.”

“We have taken samples of the fire debris in the area of origin (which is common in undetermined fires) that will be sent off to the lab for examination,” Cagle wrote in an email Monday.

Firefighters responded to the call at about 8 p.m. and found a singlewide mobile home heavily involved in fire, Cagle reported at the time.

One occupant was home at the time but escaped without injury. He had smelled smoke and located the fire before leaving the home and calling 911.

The 1991 home was a total loss at $5,000-$8,000, but the resident didn't need Red Cross assistance, Cagle said. No dollar estimate was available.