By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
8-year-old suffers second-degree burns after bottle of flammable liquid explodes
fire2.jpg

An 8-year-old boy was taken to a Greenville, South Carolina, burn center after a bottle of flammable liquid exploded Friday, July 19, in Gillsville, according to authorities.

Banks County Fire Chief Steve Nichols said medical units responded around 10 p.m. Friday to Sims Harris Road in Gillsville.

“The occupants were burning debris at the location when a bottle of flammable liquids exploded burning the child,” Nichols wrote.

The child suffered burns to his face and arms. Nichols described it as “mostly second degree, and the patient was stable.”

The boy was transported to a medical center in Greenville in serious condition.

Another person suffered minor burns to her legs, but she was treated at the scene and released.

The case has been ruled accidental.


Regional events