- 2 carrots, different colors if you can find them, peeled
- 3/4 pound red, green and/or white cabbage, outer leaves removed
Use any or all of the following:
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed
- 3-4 radishes
- 1 light-colored beetroot, peeled
- 1/2 small celeriac, peeled
- 1/2 red onion, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of fresh soft herbs (use mint, fennel, dill, parsley and chervil), leaves picked and chopped
- 1 cup yogurt or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Shred the carrots, fennel, and your choice of radishes, beetroot, turnip or celeriac on a mandoline, or use the julienne slicer in your food processor.
Put the vegetables into a mixing bowl.
Slice the cabbage, onion and shallot finely or use shredding slicer in a food processor. Add to the bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix half the lemon juice, a glug of extra virgin olive oil, chopped herbs, yogurt (or mayonnaise) and mustard.
Pour dressing over the vegetables and mix well to coat everything.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and the rest of the lemon juice.