The Roberts Family Blueberry Farm is not the only farm in town getting into the delivery business.
Jaemor Farms in Alto started its Jaemor Fresh delivery program in April.
The program allows customers to purchase a box of fresh produce and pick it up at a distribution location.
“Although the Jaemor Fresh box doesn’t ship straight to your door, it does get Jaemor products closer to your home,” said Caroline Lewallen, agritourism and marketing coordinator at Jaemor. “If you’re unable to visit the market that week or time of year ... we’ll come to you.”
Lewallen said Jaemor started its program after customers’ requested another market.
“At this time, we felt the third market location could be our website ... ” she said.
Jaemor started shipping peaches and gift boxes to customers in 2016. In April 2017, it began offering three sizes of boxes filled with fresh produce and delivered to seven locations in Northeast Georgia on a biweekly basis. Boxes cost $20, $30 or $40.
During odd-numbered weeks each month, delivery locations are:
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays at 2 Dog restaurant parking lot in Gainesville;
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s parking lot A in Braselton;
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays at Bagwell Insurance Company parking lot in Cumming.
- On even weeks, pickup locations are:
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays in the Crow’s Lake front parking lot in Jefferson;
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays in the Stephens County Farm Bureau parking lot in Toccoa;
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays in the Lanier Career Academy parking lot in Oakwood;
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays in the Milledge Avenue Baptist Church back parking lot in Athens.
To order, visit www.jaemorfarms.com/fresh and select the box size and location. Orders must be made 48 hours before pickup date. Boxes cannot be customized.
“We have the best customers and are grateful for their support,” Lewallen said. “As with any new project, sometimes there are a few hiccups, so their patience as we continue to create a ‘well greased machine’ if you will, is valued.”