Fernbank Museum is celebrating with the Last Blast of Summer series until the school year begins.
Each day through Aug. 8, Fernbank will offer special activities guided by the museum’s scientists, educators and youth volunteers. The museum will also host “Popsicles on the Patio” on select days with free popsicles to beat the summer heat.
Special activities are posted every week at the greeter station. Selections include :
• Live animal encounters, which allow visitors to get up close and personal with a member of Fernbank’s live animal collection.
• Nature walks with educators in the museum backyard with weather permitting. Strollers will not be permitted on this walk.
• Weekend wonders of hands-on learning.
• Discovery interactive carts to engage visitors in discussing dinosaurs, ancient sea life and archaeology with hands-on activities.
• Excellent experiments with live science presentations
• Tadpole tales along with a special activity or song.
• Popsicles on the Patio from 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays until Aug. 8. It is available to the first 500 visitors who show their museum ticket.
Visitors will also want to explore the most amazing mammals of all time in the special exhibition Extreme Mammals, on view through Aug. 18. More extreme experiences are offered through daily IMAX screenings of Under the Sea and Titans of the Ice Age.
Other highlights include the world’s largest dinosaurs, fossil-filled floors, hands-on learning, artifacts, fossils and the award-winning children’s exhibition, Fernbank NatureQuest.
Activities are included with museum admission. A separate ticket is required for IMAX films. Tickets are $17.50 for adults, $16.50 for students and seniors, $15.50 for children ages 3 to 12, free for children ages 2 and younger, and free for Fernbank Members.
For tickets, visit www.fernbankmuseum.org or call 404-929-6300.
Fernbank is at 767 Clifton Road NE in Atlanta. Free parking is available.