By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.


Where is The Times office located?

The Times building is at 345 Green Street in Gainesville, directly across from the main post office. There is visitor parking in front and on both sides of the building.

What are office hours?

Normal business hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.


How can events be publicized in The Times or at

Online, you can add items to our calendar of events by going to the "community" section and following the prompts for posting an event. For print publication, mail details of your event to 345 Green Street, Gainesville, GA 30503, or e-mail to the appropriate department in our newsroom by using the "contact us" button at the top of the Home page. All items submitted are subject to review and editing, and not all items can be published nor posted online.

How can I have a letter to the editor published?

Mail your letter to 345 Green Street, Gainesville, GA 30503, or e-mail using the “contact us” button on the Home page. Letters should be short and to-the-point and must include the name of the author and a contact telephone number for verification. All letters are subject to editing. To be published or posted, a letter must address an issue of general interest. Form letters, letters written to a third party and copied to The Times, poems and consumer complaints will not be published. All letters are subject to review for appropriate content.

What is The Times' obituary policy?

Basic death notices are published free of charge. The cost for paid obituaries depends upon the number of words, with a rate of $50 per hundred words (or part thereof). An online guest book is a feature of all paid obituaries at an additional fee of $40. All death notices and paid obituaries are posted online. Death notices and obituaries are only accepted from funeral homes.


How much does it cost to run a classified ad?

The cost for running a classified ad depends on its type, size and the number of times it will appear, whether in print or online. Rates are based on the number of lines in the ad, plus any additional charges for special features such as bold face type. You may call our classified advertising department at 770-535-1199 to get exact rates, as well as tips on how to save money on your classifieds. You may also place your classified online with prepayment.


How many characters are there per line? 

The answer varies, depending on several factors, such as capitalization and bold faced type. In general there are about 18-20 characters per line including spacing.

Do I have to prepay for classified advertising?

All ads placed online have to be prepaid with a credit card. Some ads placed through our classified sales representatives can be billed, depending on certain credit requirements. Ads for items such as autos, merchandise and yard sales are all prepaid regardless of how they are placed.

Do you print daily or weekly?

The Times is a daily print publication, and online classifieds are updated each day. Classifieds appearing in The Times also appear in Lanier Life and The Paper, both of which are free weekly newspapers serving specific areas.

If I get it in today, what's the soonest it can start? 

For Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday ads, if the ad is completed by 3 p.m., the ad can start as soon as the following day. Deadline to start an ad on Thursday is Wednesday by noon. Deadline to start an ad on Saturday, Sunday or Monday is Friday by 3 p.m. 


How do I place an ad in The Times newspaper or online?

Contact us by telephone or e-mail and we will assign a representative to your account.

How much does it cost to advertise?

Retail advertising rates are determined by the size of the ad and the frequency with which it publishes or appears. There are many different pricing package options that provide discounted rates for more frequent advertising, or for combining print and online advertising. Your sales representative will be able to explain all pricing options and suggest what might work best for your specific needs.

Do I have to design my own advertisement?

No. We have a talented staff of graphic designers who can create ads based on your ideas for you to review.


What should I do if I do not receive my newspaper?

If your carrier should err, call our customer service department at 770-532-2222 Monday-Friday between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.; Saturdays 7-11 a.m., Sundays 7 a.m.-noon, and we will have a paper delivered to you if you reside in Hall County. If you notify us outside of these hours or if you live outside of Hall County we will credit your account for the non-delivery.

Can I stop my delivery if I'm out of town.

Yes, call our customer service department Monday-Friday between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.; Saturdays 7 a.m.-11 a.m. and Sundays 7 a.m.-1 p.m. and you can select from three available options:

Vacation Stop: Your carrier will be asked to stop delivery during the time you’re away and your account will be credited for the days delivery is suspended by extending your current expiration date.

Vacation Pac: Your carrier will be asked to save all papers while you’re away and deliver them all when you return.

Vacation Donation: We will donate your papers while you’re away to Meals on Wheels or Newspapers In Education for use by classroom students.

Can my subscription payment be automatically charged to either my credit card or my checking account on a monthly basis?

Yes, please contact our customer service department at 770-532-2222 or 800-395-5005 to make the necessary arrangements.